The Specialists of Tomorrow Scheme is a part of Gwynedd Council’s Schemes of Tomorrow – a scheme that allows graduates to develop a career and undertake key jobs in Gwynedd Council.
Watch the video below for more information!
The Purpose of the Scheme.
The purpose of the Specialists of Tomorrow Scheme is to develop specialists of the highest standards to undertake key specialists jobs within the Council. The scheme provides an opportunity for the future specialists to gain the experiences, networks and qualifications that are needed to establish a firm foundation to start a successful career in the Council.
Overview of the Scheme.
- During the Scheme the trainee will receive all possible support and resources to gain a higher level professional qualification
- The trainee will experience work within various services and contribute to specialised work under supervision in a range of services across the county
- There will be an opportunity to gain valuable experiences that are beyond the usual, which will address the political, strategic, operational and front-line elements that are integral parts of the Council’s function
- Continuous support and reviews will take place throughout in order to ensure the trainee gets the best out of the Scheme
By taking advantage of the above, the trainee will develop the confidence, skills and understanding of the essential behaviours that are required to be an effective specialist in Gwynedd Council.
Some of the experiences the trainee will gain include:
- Working in locations across various departments and sites across the County
- An opportunity to be a part of high-level projects
- An opportunity to meet key people including the Chief Executive, the Leader of the Council and Heads of Department
- Visiting a number of front line services such as the call centre, recycling centres, residential homes, leisure centres, libraries
- An opportunity to be a part of networks across the Council
The qualification that the specialist trainee will study varies depending on their specialist field.